Contact Address Details:
of The Gambia (ITAG)
Banjul area, Kanifing, Kmc
Head Office in
PO Box 2575, Bakau
YMCA Complex, MDI Road
Kanifing South, Kanifing Municipality
Tel no: +220 9946371
President: Mr. Poncelet Ileleji
From Westfield Junction in Serrekunda head towards
Banjul capital and take the first road left past
Ice Man then take the first road right then first
left and ITAG is in the YMCA Complex Building on
the MDI Road.
Monday to Thursday:
9am to 5pm
9am to 12.30pm
The local NGO known as ITAG,
which stands for The Information Technology Association of
The Gambia, was founded in 2004. Its mission is to promote
the increased use and development of ICT as part of the socio-economic
development drive of the country.
The Association's long term goal is to be seen as the only
representative of all ICT professionals in The Gambia by creating
and upholding international standards by its members and ensure
their observance of the integrity and ethics of the profession.
The structure of ITAG is made up of the General Assembly,
Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, The President and
Secretary of the Association.
ITAG's 11 founding
charter members are Poncelet Ileleji, Lamin Marenah, Simon
Abraham, Fabakry Sanyang, Justice Anthony, Yunusa Bah, Patrick
Struckman, Papa Yusupha Njie, Katim Touray, Salieu Taal, and
Abdou Rahman Touray.
Financing for the operations of the ITAG is from a number of
bodies and programs.
Membership fees paid annually by all members
Donations, gifts & grants from private individuals &
• Income generating activities e.g. tailored research & sales
of audio-visual items
Each year the budget is presented to the General Assembly for
approval. Audits are carried out by an appointed auditor of the
Aims & Objectives:
• To encourage the expansion and development of Information and
Communication Technology (ICT)
and related issues in The Gambia.
• Promote the development of know-how and use of ICT.
• To advise and assist in the preparation and execution of a
national ICT policy in The Gambia.
• Encourage and help professionals to uphold the competence and
integrity of the profession.
• To promote the use of IT & communications to improve the
standard of living of Gambians and other nations beyond.
• To encourage partnerships between members at home.
• Make efforts to promote the development of a Gambian Silicon
Valley Project – Science & Technology Park.
• To offer good standard technical, educational and research
services and standards to give to its professional members and
• To provide annual ICT programmes to educate and inform
girls, in partnership with the Ministry of Information
Communication and Infrastructure (MOICI).
• To encourage close relationships and cooperation between local
ICT professionals and their counterparts internationally.
• To be the foremost consultation authority for dependable
information and advice on public matters pertaining to
• To endeavour for and sustain the best standards of
professionalism and excellence in all its activities.
• Make sure that the Gambian Internet Community is represented
by ITAG at ICANN (Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and
• Push to ensure that the GM domain name shall be managed and/or
administered by ITAG or a body appointed to do the same by ITAG
and any revenues raised thereof shall be spent on the promotion
of ICT in the country.