1) 1 lb fresh fish
2) 2 large peppers
3) 1/4 pint of water
4) 5 large onions
5) 1 fresh bay leaf
6) 2 Maggi © cubes
7) 1 fresh egg
8) 2 ounces of bread
9) 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
10) 1 teaspoon of hot chilli powder
11) 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
12) Salt & pepper
13) Tomato paste (smallest sized tin)
1) Skin and gut the fish making sure to remove all bones.
2) Cut the fish into small pieces.
3) Peel and chop into fine pieces 1 onion, 1 pepper,
and 1 cube of Maggi ©. Pound and mix till fine.
4) Soak then squeeze the bread and add to mix while
mixing & pounding.
5) To the mix add the egg and parsley and mix.
6) Add the salt and pepper.
7) Put a little cooking grease or oil to your hands
and shape into mouth size balls.
8) Heat a pan of oil until hot
9) Add a few fish balls at a time until brown all over
then remove. Repeat process until all fish balls are
10) Chop the 4 onions into small pieces then fry in
a frying pan until brown.
11) Add to this the tomato paste, black pepper and 1
Maggi © cube. Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir
until the sauce becomes thick.
12) Transfer the contents of the frying pan into a cooking
pot and add 2 tea cups of water.
13) Bring to the boil.
14) Add the fish balls, bay leaf, lemon juice and boil
for 5 minutes.
15) Add sliced peppers and chillie powder then simmer
for 12 minutes.
16) Add salt or pepper to adjust to taste
17) Serve with either rice, yams or even spaghetti
*Serves 4 persons