1) 2lbs of lean beef
2) 1lb smoked catfish or fish
3) 2 cups palm oil
4) 2lbs cut Okra (a.k.a lady's fingers or gumbo)
5) 1/4tsp of baking powder
6) 2 large onions chopped
7) 8 cups water
9) Salt and pepper to taste
1) Wash and cut meat into bite size pieces.
2) In a large pan, boil fish & meat in water for 15 mins,
then remove the fish.
3) Add onions, salt, pepper and okras.
4) Simmer for 15 minutes and then add palm oil.
5) Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
6) Add fish and continue simmering in low heat for 10 minutes.
* Note: shrimps and crabs can also be added to this dish.
* Serve with plain boiled rice or Fufu.
& Traditions Food